Like the super fudge brownie recipe I posted last week, these blondies can be stirred up in a single pot and then spread into the pan. No need to dirty up a bunch of bowls. You can make the blondies with just some chocolate chips (or try butterscotch chips, yum!) or add some bit of fruit or chopped nuts. Small fruits like fresh blueberries or cranberries can be added whole. Larger fresh fruits should be cut into small pieces. You can also add dried fruits cut into pieces.
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar (packed down)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Almond extract (optional)
- 1 C flour
- 1/2 C chocolate chips (try other flavors to suit your sweet tooth)
- 1/2 cup nuts or fruit (optional) – I used fresh cranberries
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar and brown sugar until melted and smooth
- Stir in egg, vanilla, and almond extract
- Mix in flour by hand
- Gently fold in chocolate chips and nuts/fruit
- Spread blondie mix into greased 8×8 pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes. Top will be dry and edges should slightly pull away from pan. Test for doneness with a toothpick inserted into the center. If it comes out clean, it’s done.
Cool completely before cutting. This time I’m serious. They cut best when cool — they are too much gooey deliciousness to mess with hot.